AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
- District of Columbia Commission on the Arts and Humanities, Visual Artist Fellowship Program, FY 2017.
- District of Columbia Commission on the Arts and Humanities, Visual Artist Fellowship Program, FY 2015.
- McLean Project for the Arts, Something & Nothing, Painting Award. McLean, VA, 2012.
- Virginia Center for the Creative Arts, Resident Fellow, SweetBriar, VA, March 1996 and May 2000.
- Margaret Stonewall Hamblet Award, $12,500.00 awarded to study art abroad. 1984 Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
- The Washington Post: “In galleries: Rooted in nature but not always natural”: [online] Available from: http://wapo.st/1Eivmp3 March 6, 2015.
- East City Art Reviews: “DC’s 2015 Artist Fellowship Program Exhibition”: [online] Available from: http://bit.ly/1NTNqLD March 3, 2015.
- Nashville Arts Magazine: “The Gift, 30 Years of the Margaret Stonewall Wooldridge Hamblet Award”: [online] Available from: http://nashvillearts.com/2014/11/20/30-years-margaret-stonewall-wooldridge-hamblet-award-dec-5 November issue 2014.
- Travis Childers, “The Straight,” [online] Available from: http://unheardoflandscapes.blogspot.fr/2013/12/straight-up-on-apparently-last-nice.html December 29, 2013.
- The Washington Post: “D.C. gallery shows: ‘Curio,’ ‘The Straight,’ ‘Color, Earth, Andes’ and more”: [online] Available from: http://wapo.st/1cgOjaE December 27, 2013.
- Elyse Harrison, “When They Were Kids: The AOM Interviews, Artomatic 2012,” Interview (online): http://studioneptune.com/2012/06/when-they-were-kids-the-artomatic-interviews/ Crystal City, Arlington, VA, May, 2012.
- “Arts Spotlight,” The Tennessean, June 2, 1996.
- “An American in BA,” Buenos Aires Herald, August 13, 1989.
- “Torrallar dona y una yanqui en el pais,” El Cronista, Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 8, 1989.
- Renardson, Fay Wirth, “Kathryn J. McDonnell, Reflections of an Artist,” Vanderbilt Magazine, Spring 1986.
- Hieronymus, Clara, “Artist Finds Answer in Russia,” The Tennessean, January 2, 1986.
CATALOGUES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Kathryn McDonnell, “Dis/Satisfaction: Permission to Rewrite History, It’s Personal” Curator’s statement. Catalog published for the DC Arts Center Sparkplug Artist Collective exhibition, February 13 – March 15, 2015.
- Link, a critical journal on the arts in Baltimore and the world. Maryland Art 17th Annual Critics’ Residency Program, page 9, 26, 28. Baltimore, MD, Special publication of issue number nine, Spring 2003.
- Phoebe, a journal of literature and art, front cover, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, Volume 32, Number 1, Spring 2003.
- Artscape 2000 minus 1, page 17, Artscape Annual Festival of the Arts, Baltimore, MD, July, 1999.
- The Corcoran, page 8, The Corcoran School of Art, Volume 4, Number 3, Washington, DC, September 1994.
OTHER ART RELATED ACTIVITIES
District of Columbia Arts Center, member of Sparkplug Collective. Formula 1.
Palisades Citizens Association, member 1998- present. Volunteer for neighborhood activities and awareness. Latest volunteer effort: assisted in bringing a farmers market to the Palisades neighborhood. Graphic design volunteer. Washington, DC.
Know Thyself as Soul Foundation, Former Board Member, Co-National Representative, and Secretary 2006-2011. KTS is a non-profit service organization promoting a healthy life style and meditation, serving the Northeast region of the United States and internationally. Kinderhook, NY.
Matzo Files, as a member of Artists Alliance Inc. joined matzo files: 2004- 2005, Member of Steering Committee, New York City, NY.